1. You wouldn't know it's Fall because the little boys and I are still wearing summer clothes. I have been too lazy to go downstairs and pull our Fall clothes out of the bins in the basement. Sammie and Luke look great because they always get new clothes. At least two of us look presentable!
2. I was eating at Cafe Rio recently and looked over to the next table and noticed these four young moms all rocking the sock bun on top of their heads...like, every one of them. I guess this is THE thing. How come no one told me? That's okay. Those buns don't really work with bangs. Fuzzy pic:
3. Luke is playing Flag Football and Sam is his coach. I got to the game late and looked down the sideline to see two dudes in visors with clipboards yelling at the top of their lungs. We are talking about 8 and 9- year-olds, people! Apparently these guys were the coaches for the other team. Sad.
4. I have an older couple who home teach me. (For those not "in the know" that means they come to our house and share a gospel message and kind of take care of us). Recently, they decided I needed a makeover. The wife (who I absolutely adore) took me to Ulta and got me into Tarte Cosmetics. I had no idea I had been looking so bad. Goodbye under-eye circles! Hello dewy cheeks! By the way, Tarte makes awesome stuff. I love everything, especially their eyeshadow and blush.
5. I can't stop thinking about how much better I like Prince Harry now that those scandalous photos of him in Vegas came out. Don't know what that says about me.
6. It was just announced that Sean is going to be our next Bachelor! I know that last season, he checked his personality at the door. But I have high hopes that Fleiss can work his magic. It is always crazy to me how much more attractive people are when they have the confidence that comes from 24 people vying for their affection. Let's just hope he doesn't run through the streets of LA yelling any one's name. Personally, I still would have rather watched Ryan a.k.a. "the Ox" as the Bachelor of Atlanta--now that would have made for some good tv!
7. I am hooked on Light Pomegranite Minute Maid Lemonade from Subway. They have it on tap in the fountain. I don't drink my calories so I rarely get lemonade. This stuff is good. Speaking of great lemonade, I took Sammie to lunch on Saturday at Blue Lemon and they have the coolest drink machine. Five flavors of Light Lemonade!!! Blue Lemon is my new fav restaurant. My friend Jaime took me there when she was in town and I love the food. Everything is organic or healthy or something (which I totally don't care about). What I do care about is that everything is delicious. Their carrot cake is going to give my carrot cake a run for it's money.
8.. I am embarrassed to admit that I may have to watch Dancing with the Stars All Star season. Is anyone watching? Is it good? I know it's for old people but I have always had a soft spot in my heart for that show. And I heard Carson Kressley was going to be on...turns out that was just a rumor to get our hopes up. Now I have to root for Kirstie Alley.
9. Living Social has been running deals for the craziest stuff--DNA testing, In-Home care for Elderly, and Lasik. I understand trying to get deals and save a buck. I am all for the $29.00 massage. But aren't there some things like Lasik and Elderly Care that you just really don't want to bargain hunt for? We are talking about your eyes people! Or your elderly parents! Sheesh.
10. I love Sammie in her animal print pants and kind of want a pair for me. I am aware that there is always the danger of looking like mutton dressed as lamb. I am thinking these snake print skinnies from Target might be subtle enough for me to stuff my trash into. What say you?