Thursday, November 22, 2012
Today I am thankful for:
The most wonderful parents:
The greatest siblings and spouses:
The sweetest boy:
The sassiest girl:
The funniest little guys:
The nicest ex:
The sweetest friends:
and the coolest boyfriend (first time going public!):
The older I get, the more I realize that the only thing in life that really matters are people. The rest is just stuff (and I know I just did a Dear Santa post..forgive me!)
I also know how hard it is to say goodbye to people in your life who mean a lot to you. People who were there for you in your darkest hour and will always have a special place in your heart. I'm grateful for those people too.
Most of all, I am grateful for my Savior, who doesn't just pat us on the back and say "it's going to be okay." He has literally felt our pain. All of it. He knows what it feels like to be alone, to be uncertain of the future, to be heartbroken when your children are sad. He has descended below all of it and yet has risen again triumphant so that we can too. I am so grateful to be able to celebrate His birth and life this coming Christmas season.
Happy Thanksgiving friends!
Sunday, November 18, 2012
I have been a
Disclaimer: This is not a veiled attempt to get anyone out there to buy me anything. This is what I would buy myself if I had the means...carry on.
1. iphone (in white). Part of the gift would be that I would not have to physically enter the Apple store or phone store and deal with the dudes in there to buy the thing. I have heard the 4S is good. I have no idea. I am currently operating with a dinosaur phone with no internet. I know, I know. And we thought the pioneers had it rough!
2. New bedding from Pottery Barn. Remember, I said we are pretending price was no object. I can currently see through my comforter. It has been through the war. I want to do a duvet and duvet cover this time. There is no rush on this. As long as I get new bedding when I remarry..I am good.
3. If I were to get said bedding, I would need some neat art for the wall in back of my bed. These are ridiculously over priced. But something similar would be awesome.
4. GPS navigator from Costco. Right now, I really have no need for this bad boy. But if I ever move, or go on a roadie, I am going to NEED this. I get lost driving to Suncrest--Gourmet Dinner Night friends can attest.
6. Gift cards to any girlie lunch places..Zupas, Rumbi, Blue Lemon, In n Out..what you say? In N Out ain't girly? It is.
7. Gift Card to Sanctuary Day spa. There is a dude there who gives the best massages on the planet. I am not exagerating. They are a combination sports/relaxation massage. He stretches you while he massages. A-MAZ-ING.
8. Bike Rack for my car. This one is called the Saris bones and it holds three bikes and would work on my mini van.
But at the end of the day, I would just be happy if I get to spend Christmas with the people I love most, my family. but the iphone wouldn't hurt.
Friday, November 16, 2012
Is there anything less interesting than hearing someone talk about how sick they are? Indulge me for just a second. I have been sick for the last three weeks. Two weeks of a nasty cold. Then after a friend gave me a Z Pack, I made a quick recovery for a weekend trip to Arizona. Then I came home and promptly came down with the flu.
In this season of gratitude, I am grateful for AMAZING friends and family who have taken care of me. I have had the following over the last 48 hrs:
7 layer dip and chips dropped off
Lunch from Corner Bakery with a huge Diet Coke (delivered by Corner bakery themselves!)
A blessing from my dad
A box of Andes mint cookies (I was even able to suck these down despite my extremely sore throat)
Another huge Diet Coke today on my doorstep
A friend going to the pharmacy to get my prescription.
You would think I was on my death bed. I feel very loved.
My mom came and got my kids this morning and I didn't see them all day..The greatest gift of all.
In other news, I read this book and it is the funniest thing I have ever read. (Even funnier than Bossypants!) I may or may not be giving it to all my friends for Christmas. Please, do yourself a favor and get your hands on a copy:
Thursday, November 1, 2012
This remote is back in the arms of his loving family. He was missing for nearly a week. You would think we had lost a child the way we rejoiced when I found this bad boy. I guess it pays to make your bed. He was under the decorative pillows that spend 95% of their time on the floor. Hallelujah!
...more Halloween pics. But I had a special request to post pics of Buster in his costume. Buster hated every second he was in the fireman get-up. But I still forced him to wear it. Halloween ain't about him being comfortable..it's about me getting the money shot and getting props from other moms. Our Traditional Halloween fare=Papa John's Pizza, salad, donuts and lots of candy...washed down with soda. Here is our spooky night in pictures:
I ate my weight in candy today. I hate Halloween. Bring on Christmas!