Sam is in beautiful Oklahoma City at a Federal Bar Association Conference. By the time you all read this, he'll be back--so you crazy raper/murderer types--don't get any ideas.
10. I stay up really late. I don't know what the correlation is with Sam being gone, but there definitely is one.
9. My diet coke consumption goes way up. Notice the three fountain diet cokes in the fridge that I nurse on all day:
8. A fire alarm in my home has been beeping every 30 seconds or so. It's enough to drive a woman mad. But it's really high and I can't even reach it on our highest ladder. It started beeping the night he left.
7. I actually sit down and watch tv. On Wednesday evening, I thoroughly enjoyed both of these shows:
I'm not usually a big tv watcher so this was a big deal for me. I want to be Cat Deeley in my next life.
6. My bed looks like this every morning:
I am not a sleep in the middle of the bed, go crazy with the covers type. I sleep in my spot and never move.
5. The house is remarkably clean. I don't know what this says about who the source of the mess really is. I always mistakenly thought it was our children.
4. Purchases are made with no guilt.
3. I have to haul all three of my kids to the mall to do a return at the Gap. Usually I can go after they are in bed but with Sam gone, if I'm gonna go, they have to go too. This picture says it all about the experience:
We ate girl food at Nordstrom Cafe. Oh Crab Bisque--how you speak to me.
2. I feel all warm and fuzzy toward Sam. I took a wander through Victoria Secret but the feeling was short lived. The kids immediately did this:
1. I call him at least 12 times a day out of complete boredom and beg him to entertain me over the phone. That sounded bad. I just beg him to tell me what he is eating, doing, etc. Turns out, at the conference there is a drawing with some pretty big prizes. Sam won airfare for me to join him at his next conference in New Orleans next year. So maybe having him gone was worth it!