Friday, January 9, 2009

Membership Has its Priveleges

I just became a Gap Silver card member. This is a BIG deal to me. You don't just wake up one day and say I'm going to be Gap silver. You set your mind to it. You make a goal and you stick to it. You blow lots of money on kids' clothes they don't really need. You leave bags in the car until you can bring them in after the hubby has gone to bed. When he asks about your new turtleneck, you say "this old thing?"

Then you become Gap Silver.

My obsession began last year when I saw my mom using her Gap Silver card. I had the regular white and blue card. Hers was just so pretty. Then I found out she got free shipping--no minimum purchase. I was sold. I was doing pretty well plodding along through the year spending a little each month. Then it came right down to the wire. I was about $60 short in December. I bought Sammie a hot pink parka and snowsuit for next year and it put me over the top.

Thar she blows:


The card actually sparkles.

I took her to the Gap yesterday to christen her. Nevermind the fact that Sammie started screaming that her legs didn't work and made me hold her for 30 minutes while I shopped. I pushed Ryan in the stroller and my mom and I piled up the merchandise. Some of my favorite things I bought for Ryan:





The only thing I bought Luke: (poor kid)


My favorites for Sammie:





My mom actually bought Sammie this rashguard and the cutest pink polka dot swimsuit. It is sold out or I would show you a photo.




However, when we got home, Sammie told me she HATES this dress. She means it. I love it and I'm returning it because I know she will win the battle come this summer when I try to put it on her.

Back to Gap Silver. Just think how much I'm going to save this year on free shipping. I couldn't afford not to get it!

18 comments:

The Mostess said...

WAY more perks than Amex!!

lindsey said...

This is hilarious because GAP totally knows what they're doing. I am a sucker for "free shipping" or "exclusive membership" offers. Although, a GAP card could prove to be too dangerous. Especially here, GAP is totally not affordable here.

Terra said...

SO fun and funny! I love your Gap card and am very greatful I didn't know about it until now. I wish Polo did something like that - that is my favorite brand to shop!!!

shelby said...

You set a goal, aimed high, and look you accomplished your goal! Now you can do anything!

Shelly B. said...

It's true. An impressive attainment. I want to be more like you!

Ashley said...

I wish I could bring you in to tell this story to my seminary class. I love all the clothes you got, and that is a very pretty card. I used to have an am ex card that I got compliments on all the time. I love using mom's card to ship things to myself for free, and am glad I now have access to two.

Pandy said...

I love a person who can overcome obstacles in pursuit of goals. You do it beautifully. Happy shopping.

I feel about Gymboree the way you do about Gap. However, I'm going to look more seriously at Gap now that I've seen what you bought.

You'll be so jealous to hear that I have a friend who has worked at Gap for 17 years. She gets serious discounts and lets me use them when she visits.

Kelly said...

You flat out kill me!! I love the dress you got for Sammie!! But from what I hear (from you) about her, if she doesn't like it, that's a battle you will NOT win! Choose your battles.

Linda said...

You failed to mention that you get back 5% in savings (gift) cards!! (They DO know how to hook you!) I just tell your dad that my JOB these days is to earn AMEX points (for travel) and Gap certificates! It's a pretty good life!
Pandy - we love Gymboree too! Especially for girls! We are toying with getting a Gymboree card as well.

brooke said...

Pandy, my mom is right. I do love Gymboree. I've begged Sam for years for the gymboree visa-no dice. Just as a reminder for my aunt Peggy (who missed the last gymbucks redemption period (the horror!) gymbucks redemtion starts Thursday.

Pandy said...

Thanks for the reminder. I was just looking for mine tonight so I wouldn't miss it.

Kelly and I also love Roxy kids. Not too easy to find, but there's quite a collection on Zappos. Lindsay always finds them at Nordies and snatches them right up.

I do quite a bit of online shopping, too. It's a little risky but I've had pretty good luck.

Hi, Linda! Where's YOUR blog??

Amy said...

I'm so jealous! I think I'm going to have to add that to my "goals" this year! You have great taste. The clothes you got are so cute! I'm headed straight to the gap online. I've got some shopping to do!
And I hear you on the dress battle. It's just not worth the fight!

Andrea said...

I am totally in love with the Gap silver card. I have found better sales online at Old Navy then in the store and then got it delivered with no charge. I do most of my shopping online. My boys throw royal fits about stepping into a store and I am toooo tired to push most of the time.

Corinne said...

oh you crack me up! you need to like play group, so that i can see you more often! congrats on becoming silver!

Jake said...

I know. I feel like a rockstar pulling out the silver.

I have a Luke and a Sammy too. But my Sam is a boy...and he probably wouldn't like the dress either!

Ashley said...

You got me used to daily posts.

Now you are killing me.

nic said...

I love the silver card. Who doesn't love free shipping. It is the best. It just means we spend way to much money on kids clothes.

Kim said...

With baby #4 you will have no trouble meeting the yearly limit on that card! That free shipping keeps us buying! Love it!