Thursday, January 1, 2009

Bling'n In the New Year

I've never been big on New Year's resolutions. I just set myself up for failure. To me, it's kind of like telling myself I'm on a diet. All of a sudden, I want to eat everything in sight. My aunt Pandy just posted my kind of resolutions. Check her list out here.

On another note, I will be bling'n in the new year. You see, every time I went shopping for someone on my Christmas list, I ended up buying something for myself. I can't help it. I'm worth it. More often than not, it was jewelry.

Here is what was under the Christmas tree from Brooke to Brooke:

Bumbles Watch with interchangeable band I actually purchased this at Curdz n whey.


Necklace purchased at Sweet Briar Hollow. I added B charm. Both gifts to me.


Black three strand necklace purchased at Gap. Bonus is that it ties with ribbon.

The upside of this is that I did purchase an identical one of each of these babies for a friend or family member. Now, what am I getting myself for Valentines?

11 comments:

Jaime said...

Now we're talking. Christmas shopping for others was a tough one this year even though I am still hauling around 30 lbs. post-twins. Ok, so no jeans, but shoes fit aplenty... It's hard spending all Mr. R's hard earned cash. (((sigh))).

Laura B. said...

This is the best kind of Christmas. This was the first year that I told Ben to prove himself and do my shopping himself. He had a list and strict instructions not to deviate from the list.
What did I end up with??
A meat thermometer and Vibrating Slippers.
Seriously.
UNBELIVABLE!

Marni said...

I am so glad you found your watch. I love that we chat during SS about all the great shopping deals. To me it really is a spiritual uplift.

Kelly said...

A girl after my own heart!! You kill me!!

The Mostess said...

Massages! Lots 'o' them!

Terra said...

Cracking up, I need to take on your attitude when I go shopping! Love your new bling! Enjoy

shelby said...

I love all the new bling! And it s the only way to get waht you want, buying it yourself!

Liz said...

You are worth it!!! Love the necklace....may have to swing over to SBH to check it out.

Pandy said...

There's only one Brooke!! It's very wise of you to recognize - even at your young age - that the oxygen mask has to go on the mom first.

I'm still trying to learn that. Everytime I go shopping for myself I end up buying something for Bailey. Fact is....she looks much cuter in her clothes.

You need to hook up with Lindsay, our resident jewelry guru. She does serious jewelry. I buy Macy's on sale. She just "won" $800.00 toward a piece of jewelry from some famous designer whose name escapes me.

I should note that she does, on occasion buy me nice pieces...but then she borrows them and I never see them again. Clever girl.

Happy New Year.

Love,
P

sheryl said...

Christmas break is over...but it was NO BREAK! Wish I had some good stores to go find some of the cute things you found. I searched everywhere for cool jewlery...no luck. (typically I love chico jewlery...none there either.)

Linda said...

Brooke not only "blinged" herself, she "blinged me up" too! She gave me a watch like hers for my b-day and a badly needed long chain necklace. I love them! THANKS, BROOKE!!