Wednesday, January 14, 2009
Happy Birthday Dog!
Today is Sam's birthday. He made me promise and swear that I wasn't going to do a tribute to him on my blog. He doesn't like attention. I know, it's weird. After thinking about it, I decided it's my blog and I put what I want on it. So here are 34 things about Sam. Don't kill me Babe!
1. I call him Dog or sometimes Babe.
2. He is a rabid Steelers Fan.
3. The highlight of his life was attending a Steeler's game in San Diego in 2006. Thanks Pandy and Mark! He couldn't stop talking about the pomp and the pageantry of Monday Night Football.
4. He wears a Steelers jersey to watch the games at home.
5. He is the world's best dad.
6. He doesn't like going out with other couples. He would rather just go out with me.
7. Sam makes delicious oatmeal chocolate chip cookies.
8. He only uses milk chocolate chips--thinks semi-sweet are an abomination.
9. He is the funniest person I know.
10. Sam is obsessed with seeing someone he knows wherever we go--especially the airport. However, he doesn't really like to talk to people--he just wants to see them. Celebrity sightings are okay but he really likes to see an acquaintance or someone from "real life."
11. Sam is an attorney and does litigation defense work and criminal defense.
12. He finished our basement with his dad.
13. He says he would quit the law for manual labor if it paid as well as the law.
14. Sam grew up in Pittsburgh and Salt Lake City.
15. He played football and basketball in high school.
16. He was one of two boys who lettered their sophomore year in football for the varsity team. He brings this up a lot--glory days.
17. Sam loves mexican food, sushi, and anywhere with a basket of chips or bread.
18. He is a bit snobby about chain restaurants. He turns his nose up at Chilis and the OG
19. He loves to travel--especially to tropical locations.
20. He loves to bike--he goes on 4 hour rides almost every Saturday in the summer. He served his mission in Belgium and France and dreams of returning during the Tour de France.
21. He is religious about working out--he gets on the treadmill almost every night.
22. He loves the tv show 24. He also loves Damages and Burn Notice.
23. Sam thinks Stephen Colbert is the funniest man alive.
24. He also loves Tony Cornheiser and the show PTI.
25. He loves Jessica Simpson--not her music--her!
26. He loves Disneyland more than any child. He would like to go every year.
27. He just experienced a mid life crisis and purchased a 4-door jeep wrangler. I'm waiting to be replaced with a trophy wife.
28. Sam makes "the big breakfast" for the kids at least once a week--we're talking pancakes, eggs, sausage, bacon, OJ--the works. My kids are going to be obese.
29. Sam is obsessed with this huge Walmart distribution center outside of St. George. Everytime we pass it, he loves to talk about how large it is. I'm working on getting him inside for a tour.
30. Sam is a good golfer.
31. Sam loves country music--I converted him. He also loves old school rap and knows a lot of questionable lyrics.
32. He thinks the second hour of church is optional.
33. Sam is one of the most giving people I know. He is constantly doing pro bono legal work or helping people move, etc. Just this week he offered to sell a kidney to pay for something I wanted. He was dead serious.
34. He is still my favorite person on the planet.
Happy Birthday Dog--I love you!