I much prefer Instagram to blogging these days. But in case you don't follow me there, here is a little catch up on what we have been doing this summer:
1. Luke did two basketball camps--one at BYU and one at Skyline High School. He loved both of them.
2. Luke and Sammie have both been taking tennis lessons. I am living vicariously through them. I am dying to take lessons--just so I can wear the cute skirts.
3. Luke turned 10 this summer and let his little brother blow out his candles. That's the kind of kid he is.
4. The big news is that Luke started tackle football for Alta. We said no for the last two years and he finally wore us down to the point that we said yes. He absolutely loves it.
1. Sammie spends 90% of her time tumbling on the front lawn. She taught herself an aerial and almost has a back hand spring. It scares me to death.
2. She started dancing at a new studio and spent a considerable amount of time dancing this summer. She also did a cheer camp at BYU.
3. Sammie went on a trip to NYC with Sam for five days. She saw three shows and toured the city. At the airport, she turned and barfed all over Sam's shoes and then exclaimed, "phew! I was so worried I was going to get it on my clothes!"
4. Sammie loves little kids. She comes to the gym with me each morning so she can go to the daycare and play with the toddlers. They adore her. Too bad she wants nothing to do with her own little brothers.
1. Ryan spends all of his time outside roaming the neighborhood on his bike. Luckily, we have fantastic neighbors who basically let him live at their homes.
2. Ryan took swimming lessons again this summer.
3. He also played on a t-ball team with his buddies. He was the biggest and slowest kid on the team. And just like with soccer, he thought he was awesome.
4. Ryan, Luke, Sammie and Mitch all went on a vacation with Sam for five days to Snow Mass, CO. They had a blast swimming and going on bike rides.
1. The big news is that Buster is potty training. We are half way there and it has about pushed me over the edge. After ten years straight of diapers, I am ready for this kid to be trained!
At Walmart in no pants. When in Rome...
2. We thought he broke his arm last week on my sister's trampoline. After one horrendous trip to the ER, and a week of wearing a cast for no reason, we found out he is totally fine.
3. Buster's favorite thing to do is go swimming. We did Seven Peaks, Cottonwood Spa, Alta Canyon and the gym pool. He mostly enjoys puttering around the pool deck or sitting in a lounge chair eating treats.
4. He loves going anywhere with the big kids.
Churros at the Real Game
1. The big anticlimactic news is that I got a job. I am working very very part time for the Utah Senate. I won't bore you with the details but I can do it from home and so far it hasn't been too much of a thorn in my side.
2. Still dating on and off. Summer is so busy that I try to slow down the dating a bit and focus on the kids. I do like dating in the Summer because you can get outside and do things like bike rides and hikes.
Look at that view!
3. My vacation was when my kids went to Colorado with their dad. I managed to get Mitchell's baby book finished which was my only goal for that week. I am still trying to lose the five pounds I gained eating out with friends for every meal.
My friend Kari and I at City Creek before we gorged ourselves at Cheesecake Factory
4. I did a lot more biking this summer. I have some kind male friends who take me since I have a hard time finding girls to go on rides with. There is a great new trail from Alpine to Provo Canyon.
The end. I will do my annual Best of Summer post next week. I am not ready for Summer to end!