Here are a few more things I will never understand (let's hope the crazies don't come out of the woodwork like they did with my maternity mysteries post!)
1. Boot camp at my gym--the trainers are pimping this thing like crazy. There is advertising all of my gym and all the workers are wearing camo to try to get people to sign up. This makes no sense to me. Working out is tough enough--who wants to drag tires across a field and have someone screaming in your face while you drop and give them 20 push-ups? I think I'll stick to my barbell class.
2. Huggies Denim diapers. Apparently, these are flying off the shelves. They are not really denim but they are made to look like it. What's the point? I am a Huggies snob but I would never splurge on cutesy diapers. Along the same lines, I force Ryan to wear Sammie's old princess pull-ups just to save money on buying a new pack of boy ones.
3. Dads who go berserk at kids' soccer games. I have a dear friend whose husband falls into this category and I'm not saying there is anything wrong with it, I just don't understand how these people have the energy to care that much. These kids are 5 and 6. I'm just lucky to get to the games with all four kids before half time and I'm too busy talking to friends to even notice what the score is.
4. Toe Shoes or whatever the heck they are called. Have you seen these? I saw a dude running in them and thought he was wearing socks. I also see people wearing them at the gym. Apparently they are sold out at REI across the country. People will buy anything. Feel free to comment and tell me how comfortable they are. I still would never wear them.
5. The Kardashians. I still have no idea how or why these girls are famous. Do they act? Are they rich? I honestly don't get it. Someone enlighten me.
6. My UPS guy's brilliant way to "hide" packages. He does this every time. Dude--you aren't fooling anyone. My mat is see-through.
7. Pool breaks--I know summer is over but why does just about every swimming pool have a pool break every hour and make all the kids get out for 10 minutes? I don't get it.
8. This child's penchant for nakedness. I constantly find him walking around completely naked after I've taken the time to get him dressed for the day. He looks at me and simply says, "I get naked."