I used to love my birthday. The attention! The gifts! The excuse to lounge in bed and go out to eat! But now that I am single, I hate getting a year older. I have been back in the dating pool and I am finally going to bring y'all the dating posts you have been begging for. Stay tuned for that.
Thanks for coming out of the woodwork to enter my contest for the maxi-skirt. It was so fun to read what posts you liked and see who is out there reading my blog! I was flattered and happy and it made my day. I was hard to decide but I picked Molly! Molly, send me an email with your address and the skirt will be on it's way!
If you didn't win the skirt, don't despair. I am doing my annual Hapari swimsuit giveaway this week as well. I will be using Random.org to pick that winner so check back and make sure to enter to win a fun swimsuit.
I was going to do a Birthday 36 of 36 more things about me..but I didn't have the energy. How about 10 things you probably don't know about me?! Here goes:
1. When I was about 10 (and totally not cute) my mom decided to get me and Ashley involved in modeling. I had a face only a mother could love. Of course, she thought we were beautiful and talented. Ashley and I had to perform a skit for these ad execs to see if they wanted to cast us in commercials. We did a scene from Peewee Herman's Big Adventure. I was Pee Wee and Ashley was Francis. It was horrible and obnoxious and all I remember was the blank stares on the ad execs faces. My brother Rex still begs us to do it to this day. Glad someone appreciates it.
2. I hate sushi. I don't like Anthropology clothing, and I have never been on Pinterest. It's amazing you all still talk to me.
3. My biggest fear in the world is being called as the Primary chorister.
4. There are people from high school that I still feel like I am not cool enough to be friends with on Facebook. I have all kinds of thoughts about Facebook. This probably deserves it's own post.
5. If I was getting married right now, my wedding colors would be pink and grey. My wedding wouldn't be elaborate but I do want a nice dinner for close friends and family and no gifts. I hope I remarry before pink and grey go out of style.
6. I hate the moustache craze. Is it over yet? Please say it is.
7. I love grocery store birthday cake. I might have to go buy myself one. Forget the ice-cream. I could eat the whole cake myself..standing over it--with a fork--straightening out my lines.
8. My least favorite thing in the world is when you are at a restaurant and a guy with a guitar is walking around and he comes to perform at your table and you have to stop and listen.
9. My mom gave me this gorgeous Coach handbag for my birthday. I am scared to death to use it. I have a history of being hard on handbags. Right now, you could find a bunch of used kleenex, matchbox cars and a rock-hard protein bar with no wrapper stuck to the inside of my purse.
10. I only wash my hair every other day and I no longer take my make-up off at night (I know--it's awful!) but I will always floss every night until the day I die.