Monday, March 25, 2013
Thoughts on Facebook
2. I feel like I am more personal with my blog. I will put anything on here. But Facebook feels more public to me. I know..makes no sense because my blog is public. I think it is because men are involved on Facebook and blogging is mostly just the women.
3. I love being able to go look up who someone is and cyber stalk them. So what?
4. I don't love when all of some one's photos are private...see #3.
5. When someone posts nothing but uplifting quotes--I assume they are depressed.
6. I have "friends" on facebook who I want to pull aside and tell them they are making a fool of themselves. Stop posting everyday! Stop posting all the self portraits! Stop "liking" all the photos where it is a soldier holding a baby and it says "like if you have a heart..ignore if you are a horrible person."
7. Facebook is very important in the dating world. It is the #1 marketing tool. If you are single, you don't have the option of not being on Facebook.
8. I still feel like there are people from high school that I am not cool enough to be friends with on Facebook.
9. There are people from high school that I barely knew then and now think I they are hilarious because of Facebook. Why didn't I know this about them back then?
10. There are so many etiquette questions with Facebook...Is it rude to untag an unflattering photo of myself? Can I defriend someone quietly? Is it rude to ignore a friend request?
What am I missing? Is Instagram killing facebook? Do all of your Crossfit friends talk about it incessantly on FB? What are your Facebook pet peeves?