Both of my pairs got holes in them this week. So I've been out frantically looking for new jeans. I've had to haul Ryan with me everytime and sometimes Luke and Sammie too. What a nightmare--they cry, they crawl under the dressing room door, and my favorite, Luke makes running commentary about what I look like in my underwear while I try on pair after pair.
I usually just roll into Nordstrom and buy a pair and get on with my life. This time Nordstrom's selection is low because they are opening their new store right away. So I've been looking at the Buckle and Macys as well. I have five pairs of jeans in my possession right now. Sam, don't check the account balance--you don't want to know! Three pairs will go back. Since I've been thinking about jeans, here are my rules for buying jeans:
1. Buy them tight--obscenely tight--they will stretch out and be perfect.
2. High quality costs money--they are worth it. Don't flinch at spending 150 bones or more for a nice pair.
3. I believe the darker the better (for slimming purposes.)
4. I think you need one pair hemmed longer for evenings (to wear heals or boots) and one pair hemmed shorter for everyday (to wear flats.)
5. Try on a bazillion pairs--you never know what is going to look good.
Pretty simple, right? Now, tell me your secrets for finding jeans. I expect Nic and my cousin Lindsay to weigh in on this--you are both jean experts.