Sammie is sweet:
1. She makes pictures for me everyday that say "Sammie and Mom are best friends" or "Sammie loves Mom." She won't make a dang thing for Sam.
2. She loves to cuddle. Most nights, she crawls into bed and snuggles up to Sam. He would never allow Luke or Ryan to get out of their beds, but he makes a glaring exception for his "Bammie."
3. She compliments me on my outfit nearly everyday. "Cute top mom!" or "I love your boots." She makes me feel good.
4. She loves to dance. Remember how she used to hate ballet? Now she takes from my cousin Liz and absolutely loves it. It warms my heart.
She is also sassy:
1. This is what she looks like in most pictures. She refuses to smile on cue. This trait alone has dang near killed me. She also picked out this outfit for preschool. I tried to talk her out of the ribbon skirt. No dice. She always gets her way.
2. Remember her comment about parking in expected mother parking? "Don't worry mom, once we get into the mall, no one will know whose car this is!"
3. A few days ago, we were driving and Sammie said to me, "Mom, you know how if you do something wrong and you feel bad about it, you have to repent?" I said yes, silently patting myself on the back for teaching her about repentance. She replied, "If you feel bad, just don't think about it and then you don't have to repent."
4. She can beat the crap out of Luke
5. She already talks like a valley girl. Today she told me she made a friend at the gym. The girl told Sammie that she was 6. Sammie said, "I was like...okay....I'm four but whatever.."
6. She has a penchant for the finer things in life. She loves shopping and bringing me clothes and saying "this is cute." She only eats salmon tacos at Cafe Rio and when she gets to choose where to eat, it is always Kneaders (not McDonald's like her brothers.)
Sammie is so much fun. She adds sparkle to my life. I adore this sassy little thing!