Saturday, April 4, 2009

Moonstruck

Tonight as we were getting the kids to bed, I happened to flip through the channels and came across Moonstruck. I was no good to anyone after that. It is one of those movies that whenever it comes on, no matter what you are doing, you sit down and watch the rest of the show.

"Do you love him Loretta?"
"I love him awful."

It is such great writing, such great acting--Cher and Nicolas Cage--brilliant.

My other favorite movies of all time:

Family Man (I have a thing for Nicolas Cage--I love Raising Arizona too.)

Shawshank Redemption

Scent of a Woman (OO-Ah!)

Clueless

10 Things I Hate about You

Terms of Endearment--makes me cry everytime

Groundhog Day

My Cousin Vinny

A Few Good Men

Planes, Trains and Automobiles ("Those aren't pillows!)
and of course, Ferris Bueller's Day Off

I know there is no rhyme or reason to this list but these are my classics. What are yours?

8 comments:

nic said...

I still love Pretty Women, While You Were Sleeping, Return to me, and Can't by Me Love and Fletch. I know kind of lame.

brooke said...

Nic--I totally love Can't Buy Me Love, Pretty Woman and Return to Me too.

Bonnie said...

I love all the ones you mentioned except I've never seen Shawshank redemtion. I've always heard it was a great movie. I will have to see it some day.
A few good men is one of my all time favorites. I love all of the older Tom Cruise movies.
When Harry met Sally is to me what Moonstruck is to you. If it's on I have to watch..

Christie said...

Terms of Endearment and Shawshank are in my top five of all time. The only one I'd add is Steel Magnolias.

Now I want to watch all of them.

Ashley said...

That's a great list. Why is A Few Good Men always on tv? Tyler and I always lament how the 80s (and early 90s) produced such great film, and now it's all crap. Everything from the 80s was great--Ferris, Raising Arizona, Goonies, Big, Beaches, Breakfast Club, and like Stie said, Steel Magnolias. I need to see Moonstruck in its entirety. I love Cher and Cage.

Mandee said...

I DVR'd The Goonies tonight for Max. I think it's time to introduce him to such a classic.

But my faves are all cheesy love- Pride & Prejudice, Notting Hill, Serendipity, The Lake House, Just Like Heaven, She's Having A Baby, Stealing Home... of course Can't Buy Me Love and Some Kind of Wonderful. Pretty in Pink! I loved Andrew McCarthy back in the day. Which meant that I also loved Mannequin.

Kelly said...

Breakfast Club is my all time favorite!! I love any sports show (of course), Pretty Woman and Con Air. Great pics!

Sam said...

Other honorable mentions should include: Roxanne (great writing), Dumb and Dumber, Christmas Vacation, and So I Married an Axe Murderer.

While Brooke claims I am a "huge fan" of Kate & Leopold, I would not include it on this list.