Here is what my kids have been doing the last few months...feel free to bail now. I wouldn't want to read this either!
1. Luke is on the swim team at the gym. He also does speed camp (I have no idea what he does there but I know it was cheap and he rides his bike there twice a week so I'm a fan.) He still takes piano lessons and now takes tennis lessons too.
2. He went on a trip to Washington DC with Sammie and Sam back in the Spring. I had to get over the fact that I wasn't there to comb their hair but they had a great time. Most of the photos looked something like this:
3. Luke turned 9 and had his birthday party at Boondocks. I am an awesome mom and forgot to order a cake. I told Luke cakes are played and donuts are so much cooler. He totally went for it.
1. Sammie's great love right now is tumbling. She is constantly doing handstands, cartwheels, back walkovers and back handsprings when our babysitters spot her. I think she loves it even more than dance.
2. She had a dance recital in the spring and was adorable. She had a little solo part at the end and if you know anything about Sammie's emotional instability, this was nothing short of a miracle.
3. Sammie continues to take piano, tennis lessons and swimming lessons. She also did very well in her school's jogapalooza. She is scrappy but fast. She is my most athletic kid.
4. Sammie still continues to be high maintenance and requires the most of me as a parent. She needs lots of special girl time and I end up blowing the wad taking her to get pedicures with me and to dinner, shopping, etc. Yet, she is hilarious and cracks me up with her adult talk. She is addicted to the Bachelorette and was pulling for Sean. We argued about that but I take hope in the fact that she thought the Ox was a total tool.
1. Ryan takes swimming lessons and that is all. But that is enough considering all the stuff the older kids are doing.
2. Ryan loves his buddies more than anything in the world. He asks every day for a friend and is pretty low maintenance when he has someone over. He goes to a playgroup every Monday.
3. Ryan played soccer in the spring and Sam was his coach. Ryan thinks he rocks at soccer. He would always say things like "I don't know why I am so good at soccer..I just started." Oh, to be that confident.
4. He is still my favorite child. He climbs in bed with me in the mornings to snuggle and compliments me daily. He is a very very big boy. He is going to be my biggest kid. He already weighs more than Sammie who is three years older than him and he is the tallest of all of his friends.
1. Buster doesn't take any lessons yet..hallelujah!
2. He is obsessed with dinosaurs. He actually plays with them all day long. He likes to make them piggy back which looks a little too much like they are mating. I find them like this and it makes me laugh:
3. Buster still loves his "ba-bas" and being a big baby. He loves Diet Coke and give me the sweetest kisses ever. He is obsessed with watching Winnie the Pooh in the car. Sometimes he looks like he is in a coma..he is so mesmerized. Zombie child:
4. He is a pain in the butt most of the time but he is so dang cute, he gets away with it. To this day, complete strangers stop me to tell me how cute he is. He blows kisses at everyone and makes friends wherever he goes.
That's it folks. If you are still here..you deserve a medal.