But not true love forever, because we are talking about the Bachelorette after all. I really think this one is going to last, but if it hits the rocks in six months, I don't even care because it was so great to see it happen. And I want Jef for myself.
I am so late in getting around to doing my recap this week, I don't even know if anyone still cares. Here are my quick and dirty thoughts from the show:
* Emily's mom has the deepest (smoker?) voice. I laughed every time she talked. But she is still a pretty lady. She has had some work done but I don't fault her for that.
* Emily's brother Ernie was not a looker. How are those two from the same family? He seemed really intense and not that into either guy. Yet, he told Emily he liked both guys and was glad he didn't have to make the choice.
* Jef was so cute with little Ricki. I have never said this before on my blog but the name Ricki reminds me of Ricki Bobby from Talladega Nights. Not good. I loved how Jef strapped on the pink goggles and totally played with her. I hope he can keep that up. It is easy to be the fun guy for an hour while you are on tv. It is a whole nother thing to be the fun guy at 4 in the afternoon on some random Tuesday when he is babysitting and would rather watch a ballgame on tv.
* I am so glad Emily didn't have Arie meet Ricki. It showed some maturity on her part that she didn't put Arie through that last date either.
* It was so awful watching Arie make that love potion and talking about his love for Emily when we had already heard Emily telling Chris Harrison she was picking Jef.
* I thought Arie was kind of a jerk when Emily was dumping him but Emily isn't the best at dumping people. She just sat there and cried for most of it and I can understand that he didn't want to sit there and comfort her. She never told him she was choosing Jef so he really had no idea if she was picking anyone. I think he had the right to be a little bit of a jerk in that moment.
* On the After the Final Rose, when Arie talked about flying to Charlotte to see Emily and get closure, I felt bad for him. I would prefer that he were the next bachelor (even over Roberto or Sean.) Yes, people, I know he's a player. I don't care.
* I loved Jef's book to Emily with his stick figures drawn in. It was a cute personal touch without being over the top.
*I liked Emily's dress for the rose ceremony but thought it made her look bigger than she is. I also wished they had done the rose ceremony out on the water or on the beach. Why did we have it in the middle of the day in front of some shacks. It seemed odd.
* I absolutely loved Jef's suit. Not every guy could pull that off. It had a Mad Men feel to it and I loved it on him.
* Jef is adorable...in every way. I love that right before he proposed he said, "what I am about to ask you is a forever thing." Especially with this show's history, I like that he wants this to be forever...even though it probably won't be. Sorry folks..I'm a realist.
* I went to bed feeling hopeful and happy. I believe in love again! Cut me some slack people..this is all I've got!