Valentines Day isn't a big deal at our house. Sam and I usually exchange cards and that is about it. Though, if Sam really wants to blow my mind, he can rub my dogs tomorrow night while I watch the Bachelor.
In honor of the holiday of love, I give you What I love, What I don't love...
1. I Love my new Valentine banner from Tai Pan:
I don't Love Tai Pan's return policy on holiday goods (another story for another day.)
2. I Love my mom for a million reasons but especially for helping my kids make these amazing Valentine's boxes. Sammie wanted a cupcake box. My mom started talking about modge podge and glitter paint and I stopped listening. She is a crafty craftswoman. That gene skipped me.
I don't Love the unusually high standard she has set for the future of Valentine boxes.
3. I Love seeing my little boys playing together and laughing:
I don't Love when Buster is supposed to be taking a nap and I find Ryan in the crib with him.
4. I Love Godiva Chocolate Strawberry truffle bars. I have gone on record proclaiming my love of of mint and chocolate. I also have a thing for fruit and chocolate--chocolate covered bananas, chocolate covered strawberries, etc. Which is weird because I don't love fruit. Anyhoo, these Godiva chocolate bars have dried strawberries in them which makes them crispy. They are wicked good:
I don't Love that I am in Club Phat and won't be taking a single bite of said bars until March 14th.
5. I Love love love my new purse (It is Fossil brand and the outside is wipeable.) I have spring fever so bad right now and my new bag is a little bit of spring on my arm. I suffer from buyer's remorse so much that it is a true treat to actually love a purchase once the tags are off:
I don't Love sloshing through snow carrying the new fun bag.
6. I Love that my gym has parking for parents with small chldren:
I don't Love that there are only 4 of these spots. By the time I haul three children and a heavy carrier in from my usual crappy spot, I already feel like I've had a workout. I saw a grown man with no children leaving one of these spots on Friday. I almost said something. Those spots are sacred and I think they need at least 20 of them.
7. I Love my Sunday nap. It is the best part of my week. It has completely changed my entire feeling about Sundays.
I don't Love 9:00 church that enables the afternoon nap.
8. I Love patterned pantyhose (I know I'm super late to this trend):
I don't Love having Ryan snag them as he brushes past me for the 18th time in Sacrament meeting.
9. I Love one stop shopping--eating dinner with my kids at Subway inside of Walmart (yes--we are those people)
I don't Love that Subway doesn't take my coupons that are only good for Subways not inside of Walmarts. What the?
10. I Love that face:
I don't Love when I am disciplining him and I finish and it is quiet and then he says "Boo yeah!" to me and I can't help but laugh.
Happy Valentines Day and Happy Birthday to my fun mother-in-law CJ!