Sunday, April 29, 2012

Sunday in Spring



I had a really great weekend. It was our stake conference and I made it a point to get to the adult session Saturday night and I took my kids to the regular session Sunday morning. The Sunday morning was a total bust because Mitchell was out of control and we left early. I forgave him because it was his birthday and really, who doesn't want to sneak out early anyway? The adult session was so good though. I have been feeling a little spirtually disconnected lately so I made myself go to it and it turned out being so worth it.

When we arrived at Stake Conference this morning, I had to parallel park on the street. I am terrible at parallel parking. I have no faith in the way they taught us in driver's ed so I usually reverse and pull up about 10 times to get in.  My kids were laughing at me. When we came back to the car to leave, Luke said, "Mom, I'm just walking home because it's going to take you like 15 minutes to get out of that spot!" It made me laugh out loud. Sometimes that kid cracks me up.

This afternoon, I took my kids down to Temple Square to see the tulips. I had to parallel park again..twice in one day..what are the odds? My kids thought it was hysterical. The tulips were out of this world. If I ever get married again, I am doing it in the spring! I am done with winter weddings! It was so nice outside and fun to walk around with my kids and enjoy the flowers.  Mitchell was napping at my Mom's house.  Here are some of my favorite shots:










It is also Buster's birthday today. My baby is two!!! Yes, I made that cake...continuing the tradition of the world's ugliest cakes. Don't forget this one.


I wish my Grandpa Warner was here to see it. He loved my ugly cakes! I think I really took it to the next level with this one. The cake kept flaking off as I tried to frost it. At some point, I had to stop frosting or the whole cake would have come off on my spatula. And yes, I shamelessly brought it to a family party. I have no dignity!

This little guy didn't care. 
 

Happy Birthday darling Buster!

19 comments:

Kristine Gray said...

Happy Birthday Buster! Your kids look so cute. There is nothing like tulips to brighten the day.

Jill said...

I took Drivers Ed privately and they didn't teach me how to parallel park, so I feel your pain!!

I love tulips and temple square!

I can't believe Buster is 2!!!

Linda said...

Love the pics of you, kids and tulips! Love that 2-yr-old Buster!

Jill T said...

i think that cake is so funny!

Andrea said...

I love the tulips at temple square! My favorite.

Tyler said...

Buster is the cutest, EVER! I can't even imagine having kids that cute.

You are a good person for doing temple square--it looks really nice! Your kids will remember that. I wish we had a temple square here. Darling pics--you look great as always.

Ashley said...

That was me, and also the parallel parking thing is funny. You saw me parallel parking at lulu lemon. I actually think I'm okay at it--like not great but if the spot is big enough I can usually get in with minimal shame. I would never try to wedge goldfinger into a small spot.

alexandra said...

We just celebrated Porter's 2nd birthday, too. These two years have flown. He looks adorable. I am glad that you don't stress out about the cake. I like the message a fun, shabby chic cake sends, anyway! (Mine are the same). You are a good person to recognize the need for some spirituality injections and then go ahead and do it. And taking your kids to temple square! The photos are great. You look gorgeous. And you will totally get married again.

Natty said...

You make me laugh! I am not a great cake maker, but here a my two secrets. Freeze the cake before frosting...makes a big difference. And second, I don't use frosting anymore, I use cool whip. I can make the cake look half way decent 'cause cool whip is so forgiving. I can't believe your baby is 2! They grow way faster than they are suppose to.

Greg said...

Those are some great pictures! It looks like you had a fun day on Temple Square--I'm jealous because the weather looks so much better than it's been down here in Southern California!

melissa walker said...

I showed your temple pictures to Paul and said, "see, Brooke agrees we should have gotten married in spring!" Buster is adorable and your cake has character. If it were "perfect" no one would remember it!

Carolyn said...

I love Mitchell! Please promise you will always sit in front of me at church. Stake conference wasn't the same without little busters cute face looking back at us! Great pictures!

The Mostess said...

Spring weddings are the way to go! I never understood winter weddings, but everyone said "winter break" when I asked. I don't know why 3 more months would kill anyone, but winter break it is!

That cake is horrible. They really do just keep getting worse.

LOVE the tulips. They're beautiful--but pale in comparison to your beauty. Obviously.

Happy Bday, Buster! Love that kid and his cheeks.

Em said...

The temple square photos of you and your kids are adorable.

Buster and Mita must must must be friends! That picture of him smiling at the camera is a treasure.

Those tulips are so beautiful, as is Mitchell's birthday cake. I love that cake.

nic said...

The tulip pics are so cute. Buster is adorable. I can't believe he is 2. It seems like only yesterday I was with you when your water broke.

nic said...

The tulip pics are so cute. Buster is adorable. I can't believe he is 2. It seems like only yesterday I was with you when your water broke.

Ashley said...

Gimme my post!

Ashley said...

You're killing me.

brooke said...

Ashley, I promise I will do it tomorrow. What have you done for me lately? Your blog is a ghost town.