Here are my random thoughts about going to BYU games:
1. I love having something to get excited about. I put flags on my car on game day (though I no longer drive around town with them for fear of getting keyed.) I now just drive to the games and back. We actually lost a flag on the way home today. It flew off the car and I sent Luke running into traffic to try to retrieve it. After he got out of the car, I realized it was a horrible idea. He didn't die but the flag did. Someone ran over it. Bummer.
2. I believe in buying gear for the games. I liken it to going to the beach..you don't go unprepared. I have two t-shirts..one in blue and one in white..because sometimes the tickets call for a white-out (where everyone has to wear white) and sometimes you gotta wear blue. I got my cute white fitted BYU tee at Old Navy and my blue one at the bookstore. My friend Susan bought U of U tees at Victoria Secret and they are the cutest ever...Unfortunately, BYU doesn't license with VS (shocker!) so I had to resort to ON.
3. My kids have gear too. Sammie got a darling BYU tee at Walmart of all places (with lace and rhinestones on it) and Luke has a jersey and some awesome under armour dri-fit BYU gear. I want my kids to love BYU and want to go there. Buying them the gear is all part of my grand plan!
4. I also have stadium chairs. I am getting old because I consider these mandatory if you have bleacher seats, which we do.
5. The last two games, we ate at the Brick Oven before the game. All of the workers wear BYU shirts and it just feels so old school BYU in there. I totally love it..and the pizza and salad bar are second to none! Last time we were there, Cosmo came in to greet everyone...gotta love it!
10. I love the memories I am making with my kids. It is a great way for me and Luke to have one-on-one time...or for me to teach Sammie how to flip someone off with flare (the thumb up in addition to the bird!) Don't worry..we didn't flip anyone off...we were just discussing it on the way home. We have some good laughs and I am grateful to my dad for providing the tickets!