Here is what has been going on in my real life:
1. Ryan broke his arm yesterday. Again. Yes, this is twice in one year. Ryan was dinking around on the kitchen table and took a header. The part I feel guilty about is that I turned around seconds before he fell and saw him on the table, shrugged, and continued to unload the dishwasher. When I told the ER doc this was his second broken arm, I got the feeling he was considering contacting DCFS.
2. Ryan scored a new Woody costume from my mom for his pain and suffering. He has insisted on wearing it since he got home from the hospital. He wanted to wear it to the pediatrician today (I had to take Buster in) but I knew if she saw him in it, with his arm hanging out like that in a sling (and it was a blizzard outside) she would contact DCFS for sure:
3. The woody costume was supposed to be his big prize for when he got potty-trained. The training may have to be put on hold now that he only has one arm. Here is the best part. Guess who is training him? Luke. Yup. I'm bribing Luke with a wii game when Ryan gets trained. Brilliant right? Luke and Ryan are constantly in the bathroom working on technique. Here is Luke on Christmas Eve. (the only pic I could find of him--pathetic.)
4. Buster has bronchitis and is an angel during the day but keeps me up all night. He is still the cutest, chubbiest baby on the planet. I love his nakedness:
5. Sammie continues to be my shopper. We found this new adorable store called Beets n' Parsnips. It is run by the same lady that used to own Beets n Snips. The new store does nothing but skirts and ruffly cardigans and leggings, etc--no dresses. My mom laid down some serious coin in there a couple weeks ago. This outfit is for Sammie's birthday. If you are interested in checking the place out, you might want to wait a few weeks because they will be getting in all of their spring stuff soon.
6. I'm filling my days wiping bums, wiping noses, driving carpools and polishing off an entire Harmon's sheet cake. We bought it for Sam's birthday and it completely annihilated my new years resolution to get back on the wagon. I don't think I even ate a single piece on a plate. Nope. Just stood there over the thing with a fork and straightened out my lines until it was gone.
7. Sam is taking Luke to Pittsburgh this weekend to watch the Steelers play in the AFC championship game (last game before the Superbowl.) I don't mind them going because 1) it has been Sam's lifelong dream to see the Steelers play at home in Pittsburgh and 2) I buy stuff on the net to make myself feel better for being home alone. I'm desperate for new church clothes. I bought this dress at Dillard's online. I hope it's cute in real life:
8. I got my Christmas present delivered--a new leather couch. I spend my days staring at it and wondering if it is too dark for my house. Sammie has taken to calling it the "elephant in the room." My kids don't want to sit on it. They like the old couch. I really want to paint and get new drapes and maybe slipcover the big plaid chair. Don't worry Sam--I have a birthday coming and Valentines and Mothers Day....
9. My fridge looks like this. Does anyone else hate making dinner as much as I do. I know I'm in a gourmet cooking group. I still hate thinking about dinner every.single.day. I think it's time for me to find some more EASY dinner recipes. Crock pot anyone?
10. I've got spring fever so bad. Christmas is over. Where are the blue skies? Let's bring on some nice weather--at least the 50s right?
What's new with all of you?