Saturday, November 22, 2008

Recipe Extravaganza #1 Ultimate Creamed Corn

Shelly Brown of Simple Abundance is gathering holiday recipes. She is asking fellow bloggers for appetizers, main courses, desserts, anything that is great around the holidays. I decided my first recipe had to be my creamed corn.

Anyone who knows me knows I don't spend a lot of time in the kitchen. I like to get in and get out. That is why I love this recipe. I got it from my sister-in-law Annette. It is easy, fast and delicious. It is great as a side dish for Thanksgiving or Christmas dinner. I made this for my gourmet dinner group and they all went nuts over it. Then they all made it for their families who loved it as well. If you like a good crock pot dish--this one's for you!

2 lbs frozen whole kernel corn (I buy the 5 lb bag at Costco)

12 oz cream cheese cut into cubes (can use low fat)

1 cup milk

1/2 cup butter

2 tsp sugar

1 tsp salt

1/4 tsp pepper


Spread corn over bottom of crock pot. Top with cream cheese cubes. Stir together remaining ingredients in small bowl; pour over corn and creamed cheese.

Cover and cook on high heat setting 2-3 hours.

Stir well before serving. Corn will hold on low heat setting up to 2 hours. Stir occasionally.

7 comments:

sheryl said...

mmmmmmm. Looks yummy. Gourmet dinner group? Are you are keeping secrets Brooke! :)

brooke said...

Honestly, it is a group of 9 friends from High School. It is really just an excuse to get together at someone's home once a month and have dinner and laugh our guts out. I'm the ONLY one who is not a good cook. I'm not kidding. THat's why I make stuff like creamed corn in the crock pot when it's my turn to host.

Ashley said...

I'm glad I finally got the recipe written down. Thank goodness you will have a box to carry the hot crockpot in should you need to transport it to dinner at Mom's on Christmas Eve! (Seriously.)

Amy said...

That looks so good. I'm pretty sure I gained 5 lbs just reading the recipe!

The Mostess said...

Oooh..yum! We should trade--I have a yummy corn pudding recipe that's delish!

sheryl said...

I think I am going to try this one...but can't we do something to add a few more calories...

Amy said...

I am so using this for Thanksgiving