Happy Birthday Ashley! Here are 30 things about Ashley. If you are really desperate and you want to read 29 more, you can go here and read what I wrote last year.
1. She purrs...like a cat. I guess it is more a contented sigh but she does it a lot.
2. She is messy. I know that is like the pot calling the kettle black but I'm just saying...
3. She is a fun mom and takes her boys to do fun things regularly.
4. She is also the fun aunt who plays games with my kids, builds forts and teaches them potty humor.
5. She loves pizza more than just about any other food on the planet.
6. she doesn't like to spend money on herself but is very generous with others.
7. Growing up, her bedroom was peach and blue with a duck theme.
8. Ashley and I played a ton of board games growing up--everything from Monopoly to Sorry and Clue to Mall Madness and Guess Who.
9. We also watched a lot of tv--Golden Girls, Three's Company, Growing Pains, Facts of Life, Brady Bunch, Mr. Belvedere, and all the game shows.
10. Ashley even dressed up as Mr. Belvedere for Halloween in college complete with a nasty cardigan and a diary.
11. After that, she swore she would only wear costumes she felt cute in.
12. She has two boys and has decided to only have girls from here on out. I really hope she has a girl next.
13. Speaking of her boys, they are adorable red heads who are 16 months apart and she likes to dress them alike.
14. Yet she gets offended when people think they are twins.
15. She loves Oreos as much as I do.
16. She loves the show "The Biggest Loser."
17. She also loves "Glee" because of the cheerleading coach.
18.She is very creative and enjoys making things. She just made this garland:
19. She and her husband like making Halloween costumes too.
20. She is very smart, especially at math. When she was in Jr. High, she tutored college guys in algebra, trig and calculus.
21. She is a retired lawyer and loves being on inactive status because it prohibits her from giving legal advice. I think you have to be a lawyer to appreciate this one.
22. She is a die-hard diet coke drinker and has one for breakfast each morning.
23. She once calculated that for what she spends on coke each year, she could sponsor 120 cleft palette operations. She feels like a monster for choosing a cold one over funding those operations. So she sponsors two kids a year to get the operation. She is a good person.
24. She hates broccoli--vile weed!
25. She has very specific opinions about everything from baby showers to phone etiquette.
26. She has only gotten stitches once in her life. When she was about four, she came into our room naked from the bath and shook her behind at me. I kicked her in the bum and she flew into our dresser and cut open her eyebrow. She got stitches and a new Barbie McDonald's that I wasn't allowed to play with. That lasted about a day and then she had no one to play it with and so she let me play with her.
27. She is always cold. Always.
28. She is good about taking a lot of teasing. She has never, never called my house without my husband picking up the phone and saying in a deep voice "Hey, Hey Hey." It's short for "hey, hey, hey, big Ash comin' my way."
29. She loves to sleep more than anyone I know and can sleep until an obscene hour if she is allowed.
30. She is the best sister in the world and I'm so lucky to have her. Check out her blog. I only link to it about every other post because it is so great.
Happy Birthday Ashley. 30 is the new...well it's still 30 but it ain't so bad.