After my post last night, I decided it was high time for something a little lighter. My life has been crazy this week. So in honor of Valentine's Day, I give you What I Love; What I Don't Love.
1. I love the new wood floors in the living room (no molding yet--don't judge!)
(This is a terrible picture with too much flash. Ignore all the equipment--I was too lazy to move it.)
I don't love every piece of furniture in my home stuffed into my family room and still having nowhere to sit.
2. I love making a robot Valentine box with Luke.
I don't love that after we completed it, Luke came home from school and announced that his teacher said they could bring a small box or Manila envelope for their valentines. I said screw it--he's taking it.
3. I love going to Babies R Us and picking out a brand new travel system for the new baby.
I don't love the cost, I don't love that I'm buying new stuff for my last child, and I especially don't love hauling the &;#%@^)#$ thing back to the store because we discover that the car seat only goes up to 20 pounds--defeating our whole purpose for buying a new one!
4. I love Sam getting dressed up and taking Sammie to the princess Ball at our gym because she wanted to go and she asked him to take her. Sammie had a blast.
I Don't Love getting texts from him throughout the evening telling me stuff like "It is not a professional Ariel." (All of the princesses were gym workers dressed up--Ariel happened to be a large, 40 something-year-old lady with black hair.)
5. I love Valentine candy of all kinds.
I don't love when I polish off an entire bag of fun size Snickers and Twix by myself in two days.
6. I love Sammie in her Valentine outfit.
I don't love that she has refused to wear anything else for the last two weeks.
7. I love that Ryan imitates his sister when she does the over the shoulder poses.
I REALLY don't love when I get on the computer for literally 10 minutes and he takes a purple magic marker to my kitchen cabinets, floors, walls and every piece of furniture I own--(because every piece of furniture I own is in the family room-see #1.) By some miracle is was a washable marker and it came off everything including my upholstered furniture.
8. I love McDonald's for peddling sanity in a cup every day for 99 cents.
I don't love that I usually end up buying McNuggets or a burger to wash it down.
9. I love losing 5 pounds in 24 hours.
I don't love that it took a serious bout with the stomach flu to do it and then I gained it all back in the next 48 hours. See #5 and #8
10. I love this man for understanding my neurosis and loving me anyway (and for slaving away on my wood floors!)
I don't love when I see him lying in bed at night perusing the SI swimsuit edition as I am changing from my gigantic maternity jeans into a pair of gigantic red pajamas. (He hates this picture and posting it on my blog is my payback!)
Happy Valentines Day!