So this week was crazy for me. Bananas. Ridiculous. It was the last week of school with all of that craziness. And I decided to have my house painted, so we were living between my mom's house and Sam's house and our house. I wasn't smart enough to pack a suitcase so I made about a dozen trips between the three houses each day.
Once I get my furniture put back where it goes and some things hung on my walls, I will show you the before and after pictures! There was some other emotional stuff going on this week too so the Bachelorette post didn't happen. I did watch. I did enjoy it.
Since I can barely remember my own kids' names right now, it's a safe bet that I have forgotten most of what happened Monday night. But I will give you what I learned so far from this season of the Bachelorette (most of this is from Monday's episode):
1. Don't ever, under any circumstances, talk about being the next bachelor. I don't care if that is the sole reason you came on the show. Don't be talking about it. (Ryan, you are such an idiot.)
2. Don't ever tell Emily you won't "love on her" anymore if she gets fat. (Ryan...this is also for you!)
3. Don't ever give Emily a 7 page letter to read at the cocktail party..save it for the fantasy suite (yes, Ryan, again for you.)
4. Quit worrying about the other guys in the house and focus on your relationship with Emily. (I can't honestly remember why Chris was so mad at Doug but I do remember that Chris came off looking like a total arse.)
5. Don't play the dad card (Doug, this one is for you. Why does Emily think he is so perfect?)
6. If you get the chance to kiss Emily and she wants you to, you better take it. (Jef with one F, this one is for you, kid! I like you Jef, she likes you...we want you to bring the romance.)
7. Don't wear knee socks to the cocktail party/rose ceremony unless you know it is a joke and the bachelorette will think it is hilarious. (once again, Jef, this is for you.) Did you all notice his socks? My mom thought his slacks were still on the hanger and he was just waiting until the last minute to put them on so they didn't wrinkle.)
8. For the love of everything holy, don't cry on your two-on-one date. Personally, I thought Nate had the rose in the bag. And then he started crying...about his brother. Bye bye.
9. Along the same lines, don't cry when you are eliminated. (Michael, long hair dude, this one is for you.) You barely knew her. We never saw you talk to her. Quit crying, at least save it until you are off camera.
10. Finally, watch Arie and do everything he is doing, because he is doing everything right...he gives the other guys a hard time, but does it in a way that is legitimately funny so he gets away with it. He kisses Emily every chance he gets, and he is hot. Done deal.
I think it is fair to say we could end this thing right now..we know who the winner is going to be.
We are off to one of my favorite cities on Monday...London! I can't wait!